Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday Afternoon Quarterback: Ten Things Peter King Thinks He Thinks

1. Kerry Collins is one tough nut to crack. I was texting with Collins after the Titans-Bears game last week, and he said, “This is ridiculous, Peter. I’m standing five feet away from you.” C U l8r, Kerry.

2. That Adam Jones is no Sammy Baugh.

3. That Bucs offense really needs to learn how to move the ball down the field. The Fighting Grudenmen just aren’t playing inspired football right now.

4. I’m not one for fantasy football, but my editors tell me I have to throw in one tip every week. If he’s available, pick up Donovan McNabb. Thank me when you win your league.

5. Coffeenerdness. What are you thinking with the cinnamon in that pumpkin soy latte, Starbucks? By the way, what’s up with the fancy names for the different sizes? Why can’t you just call them small, medium and large? Also: I ordered five shots of espresso, not four!

6. Caught the best show in the history of television, The Office, last week. You are really something, Mr. Steve Carrell! And Dwight, you too are funny!

7. Enjoyable/Aggravating Travel Note of the Week. Flew Continental Airlines from Newark to Pittsburgh last week for the Steelers-Colts game. I say this to the woman in seat 5A: how many pages can one person read on a 1-hour flight? Seriously, people, get it together.

8. Best of luck, Spike. You will be missed.

9. Field hockey update: Mary Beth King scored 13 unassisted goals in a game against Division VII Northwest Rhode Island Polytechnic University. Afterwards, she was punched in the face by the opposing goalie for running up the score. Lighten up, kids!

10. How about those Boston Red Sox!

No comments: