Friday, November 14, 2008

You Know Who You Should Start?

Tyler Thigpen & Mark Bradley (QB, WR – KC) I’ve previously thrown out a few dynamic duos in this section. This week I’m telling you to start both Thigpen and Bradley and yes, I’m a little surprised at myself. I was at my ten year high school reunion last week when I saw Sarah Swanson for the first time since we graduated. My reaction was a state of shock and awe as I watched this blonde bombshell turn heads. Sarah was hideous in high school. You couldn’t convince yourself to take her freebie offers for romps in the computer lounge because you wouldn’t be able to sleep at night. Nobody would know, but accepting the offer would make you consider a Homeboys in Outer Space marathon as a positive moment in your life. But at that reunion, you would’ve done a solo of LFO’s Summer Girls just to have five minutes with her. Somehow Tyler Thigpen has emerged in the same way. His production over the past few weeks elicits comparisons to Derek Anderson from last season. Bradley’s been targeted as much as Gonzalez and Bowe over that time. Thanksgiving comes early for the Chiefs offense this week with the Saints defense on the menu. I’m just looking for five minutes.

You Know Who Else You Should Start?

Jake Delhomme (WR – CAR) Last week’s game was rock bottom for Delhomme. And if you smell what I’m cooking, he’s in for a big game against the Lions this week.

Tim Hightower (RB – AZ) Timmy was surprisingly stifled last week, but he’s got the perfect opponent to bounce back. The Power of Tower will find the end zone again this week.

Plaxico Burress (WR – NYG) Where o’ where can Plaxico be? It appears he’s still taking his kids to school as he hasn’t shown up on the stat sheet much recently. The Giants will need to throw to beat the Ravens, so it’s finally time for Plax to put the Kleenex down and get busy.

Kevin Curtis (WR – PHI) The Eagles have a nice way of dominating bad teams regardless of location. Curtis has produced reasonable point totals over the last two games. He should be fully recovered from his injury and is due to breakout.

Tony Scheffler (TE – DEN) Pretty boy...Tony...hey hey...hunky...Tony...hey hey... Now that I’m done fixing my collar, I can remind you that Denver can’t run the ball and will be throwing a lot against the Falcons this week. And if you don’t like that dude, you better step off.

No comments: