Friday, November 21, 2008

You Know Who You Should Sit?

Brett Favre (QB – NYJ) Mr. T likes his chicken spicy. No, I’m not getting nervous, though I did get caught selling athletic shoes instead of doing research for the column this week. After refocusing, I noticed that the Jets have been on a little run recently. Brett hasn’t been delivering like he used to, but maybe that’s because he can no longer use DHL. The Jets find themselves in another big game this week, and I have a feeling that Favre won’t be quite as careful with the football as he’s been the past few weeks. Thomas Jones won’t find much running room, so the pressure will be on Brett to fire the old pigskin around. That’ll get anyone hot under the collar. If I’m starting Favre this week with other options out there, I’m now starting to get nervous.

You Know Who Else You Should Sit?

Chris Johnson (RB – TEN) Kris Jenkins has solidified the Jets run defense. Johnson will find there’s no cream filling in this Oreo.

Maurice Jones-Drew (RB – JAX) Garrard will be leading the charge this week against a soft Vikings pass defense. MJD might sneak a TD, but don’t expect a high yardage total.

Brandon Marshall (WR – OAK) Na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, goodbye...to Marshall this week with Nnamdi Asomugha covering him. Gotta love contract years.

Torry Holt (WR – STL) Close the book on Holt’s season. Cut your losses. It’s over! Believe me. Just do it already!

Jeremy Shockey (TE – NO) Yes, Mr. T is giving up on his favorite NFL player for the season. I expect the Saints to run a lot against a banged up Packers front seven. Well, I say it's about time for Mr. T’s lunch!

No comments: