Friday, December 12, 2008

You Know Who You Should Sit?

Marshawn Lynch (RB – BUF) For his first-round playoff matchup against Mr. T, our resident fantasy football savant, Marble Ryan has made the gutsy decision to bench his #1 RB. When informed of this move, Lynch was reportedly very upset, telling reporters, "I help that ungrateful jerk make the playoffs and this is how he repays me? I know he's disappointed in my workmanlike 67 yards per game average, but doesn't he see how hard I've been trying? People don't know the kind of pressure that comes with being a top-12 pick in fantasy drafts. My mom always told me that if I try my hardest good things will happen, but now I'm not so sure. It's just...I feel like...excuse me for a second." With that Lynch ran into a nearby bathroom stall. Although he later said he was fine and simply had to go to the bathroom, reporters claimed to have heard sobbing coming from the stall, as well as Lynch mumbling to himself, "Stop crying! Stop it! Football players don't cry! You're so stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" If you have a more emotionally stable option with a better matchup on your roster, I'd recommend going with it.

You Know Who You Should Also Sit?

Joe Flacco (QB – BAL) While I've been a fan of Flacco all year, he's going up against the ridiculously strong Steelers D this week, and I'm not going to trust a rookie QB in that matchup. Flacco's fantasy success has generally come due to his ability to make big plays, which offsets some of the mistakes he tends to make. The Steelers, however, don't give up the big play, leaving Flacco to rely on his accuracy and decision making, which at this point are not his strengths.

Ben Roethlisberger (QB – PIT) Going against the Ravens, his outlook isn’t all that much brighter than Flacco’s. All in all, avoid everyone from this matchup of 2 elite defenses.

Kevin Walter (WR – HOU) Walter's production this season has been more inconsistent then my start ‘em/sit ‘em picks. If you look at his stats, he's alternated every week between a solid fantasy week and a poor one for most of the season. Last week he put up 20 fantasy points. This isn't a good sign. It won't help matters that he's going against the Titans defense. Look for a safer option.

Frank Gore (RB – SF) Assuming he plays, he's not going to be 100%, and he's going against a solid Dolphins run D. He’s also on a West coast team traveling east. That’s a lot of warning signs.

Eddie Royal (WR – DEN) Royal’s an inconsistent performer, and this week he's going against Carolina, which allows the fewest yards to the number 2 WR of any team in the NFL. He still might come through with a big catch, but the odds are against it.

2 comments:

The Rina said...

I'm trying to decide where you get your information......but the more and more I read, I realize that my 6 year old could come up with this advice. First of all, the top two defences are playing, so obviously we sit these quaterbacks. Did anyone seriously start Roethlisberger? C'mon now. I totally agree with your title. "Minus the expert" I do however find it very funny that you don't revist your previous weeks picks.......

The Slow Eater said...

You want us to revisit the picks? Eddie Royal = 48 yards
Joe Flacco (Started in our 2QB league if you read today's column) = 115 yards and 2 INTs
Kevin Walter= 5 yards
Ben Roethlisberger (Started in 32% of Yahoo leagues)= had an alright 13 points (better than expected)
Marhsawn Lynch = 127 rushing, 13 receiving.

Happy? Obviously you're not as familiar with the world of fantasy football as you think if people are still starting players like Ben Roethlisberger. We obviously missed on the Starts too with Thigpen, Garrard, Rhodes, Jackson, and Carlson. Thanks Jackass!