Monday, December 1, 2008

At Last, Brian Westbrook, Our Journey Has Come to an End

Our relationship, to say the least, has been rocky, Brian Westbrook, but it has now tragically, mercifully come to an end. Thanks to you, Westbrook, my fantasy season is now over.

While sitting on the couch this Thanksgiving, I began to reflect on all of the players on my fantasy team that I was thankful for (here's looking at you, Chris Johnson). But as nice an experience as that was, I couldn't help but come back to the one who'd disappointed me the most, the shifty running back from Villanova who has carried countless fantasy teams to glory in the past. Why couldn't you do the same for me, Westbrook? I just didn't get it.

So, deciding that I'd had enough of all the 14-carry, 28-yard games you've been putting up recently, I decided to sit you on the bench in favor of Ronnie Brown. And what did you do to me in return?

You fucking burned me, that's what. To the tune of 130 total yards and 4 TDs. Thirty-seven fantasy points, totally unrealized. Playoff chances? Caput. Emotional instability? High. Ridicule from fellow league members? Incessant.

I can't help but think that all along, this was how it was meant to end. I've lost countless games by starting you in weeks when I should've sat you, so it's only fitting that I should cede a playoff birth in the week when I sat you instead of starting you.

In a way, I'm glad it's all come to an end. It hasn't been an easy season for my team, the KL Crew. Though I put together one of the most talented, deep rosters in the league, my team seemed forever incapable of fulfilling its potential. From Ryan Grant's early struggles to the total debacle that was the 2008 Jeremy Shockey fantasy season, to watching Ronnie Brown wave at me from my bench after scoring 5 TDs against the Patriots to Plaxico Burress's frustrating lack of production (and recent decision to discharge a firearm into one of his major appendages), to, finally, this, it's been a long, hard road for my star-crossed bunch. But now it's over, and I can move on.

Just kidding. I effing hate you, Westbrook! I'll never forgive you for this!

Who Else Do People Hate?

A big FU to Peyton Manning. You couldn’t throw at least one touchdown pass? You’re always good for that. Yet on a day when I score 120 with MoJo going on MNF, you couldn’t get me within striking distance of my opponent, who had Rodgers, Driver, Chris and Larry Johnson, not to mention Jason Witten. That left him with a whopping 160 in a PPR league. Like the room service lady says in your new Mastercard commercial, take a hike.

- Charles C. New York, NY

No comments: